Hormonicity’s RESTORATIVE HORMONE INSTITUTE
provides academic and clinical training for healthcare providers who want to learn more about endocrinology, in theory
Unlike many other internet-based educational platforms, our coursework is a top-notch blend of allopathic (western medicine), naturopathic and functional medicines. Academic research and clinical practice are integrated into all our modules. Citations to all research used are given, useful handouts provided and case examples illustrated. Continuing education credit will be part of our future offerings.
These holistic and restorative topics will include:
- Hormone replacement replacement therapy (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEAs) for aging men, aging/POI women and transgender adults; static and rhythmic approaches; commercial vs compounding.
- Hormone therapy strategies for endocrine dysfunction in the pre-menopausal woman (endometriosis, PCOS, PMDD, dysmenorrhea).
- Thyroid replacement therapy for autoimmune and non-autoimmune hypothyroidism. Static vs. rhythmic approaches; commercial vs. compounding.
- Adrenal dysfunction: assessment and treatment approaches (botanical, nutraceutical and hormonal); static vs. rhythmic approaches.
- The estrobolome. Assessing and treating GI dysfunction to optimize the “accessory organ of estrogen metabolism” in pre and post menopausal women, men and gender fluid adults.
- Botanical and nutraceutical support for patients with hyperglycemia, insulin resistance and diabetes mellitus. How sex, thyroid and adrenal hormones interact with metabolic pathways.
- The use of Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) in autoimmune diseases (esp relevant to endocrinology in Hashimotos, Grave’s Disease IBD, DM, etc.)
OUR FIRST COURSE OFFERING:
Initiating Physiologic Restoration (PR) bHRT With Patients
-A LIVE SIX PART MENTORING SERIES
Each module of this 6-part series will be LIVE (but also recorded, in case you cannot attend one or more). We will spend 60 minutes in an interactive learning environment: with research support, clinical talking points, questions/ answers, handouts and a quiz to test learning objectives. At the end of the 6-part series, you will receive a certificate of completion.
What's Included In The Course...
Who is a candidate for PR?
- 1.1 In this module we review how to assess ovarian reserve in women, what health conditions might be contraindicated, informed consent for HRT.
- 1.2 Recordings, Handouts, Quiz
Managing Patient Expectations
- 2.1 In this module we cover symptoms patients might experience starting rhythmic HRT, office visit timing, normal and atypical bleeding, planning lab frequency, reviewing costs, discuss documenting progress and strategize on how to manage other providers’ response to patients use of physiologic HRT)
- 2.2 Recordings, Handouts, Quiz
Prerequisite Medical Information
(PE, labs, Imaging, studies)
- 3.1 In this module, we review clinical information needed to begin HRT, to assess hormonal metabolic challenges and to confirm patient readiness.
- 3.2 Recordings, Handouts, Quiz
PR Assessment Tools
- 4.1 In this module, we compare dosing calendar options, ordering/evaluating labs, discuss timing of office visits for best patient management, imaging for assessment/evaluation (MAMM, DXA, US, CT) and specialty tests (EMB, D&C)
- 4.2 Recordings, Handouts, Quiz
Hormone Dosing and Sourcing
- 5.1 In this module, we discuss the intricacies of how compounding pharmacies come to make Physiologic Restoration (certification process, product preparation, ingredients list, containers used); We review current FDA laws and restrictions (with regard to HRT), how to write the PR prescriptions (initial and modified dosing), what to do if there is no PR pharmacy in your patient’s state AND what to do if your patient has special needs (allergic reaction, swimsuit model, etc).
- 5.2 Recordings, Handouts, Quiz
Rolling out a New Patient on PR
- 6.1 In this module, we put it all together with case studies to integrate all the concepts we’ve covered thusfar.
- 6.2 Recordings, Quiz
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION (all classes attending and/or recordings watched and quizzes passed)